resources & media
EEI Compliance Training
Training is an important part of every electric company’s regulatory compliance program. To help member companies in their compliance efforts, EEI has partnered with compliance experts at McGuire Woods LLP to develop convenient, standardized online training materials for employees.
EEI’s training courses explain difficult concepts in clear, concise language. Most employees can complete each course in less than one hour. Participants will gain an understanding of the basic application of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and antitrust enforcement agencies’ rules and standards.
- Each course consists of a series of lessons covering all aspects of the rules, a glossary of key terms, and a set of self-assessment questions to gauge retention of the concepts discussed. The system includes the option for re-testing if employees do not achieve a minimum quiz score.
- All employee training data is made available to company administrators through an easy-to-use administrative tool, where they can view quiz results, track progress, and import results into internal databases.
- Training takes place in a secure online environment and all employee data is backed up every day. Company data is completely confidential.
- Employees receive a printable certificate recognizing completion of all required modules and quizzes.
- There is no limit to the number of employees who can participate in training under a member company’s site license, and all subsidiary companies are covered by a single site license fee.
- Companies participating in EEI’s training program are eligible for yearly renewal packages at a reduced fee. Courses can serve as a refresher for previously trained employees and as initial training for new employees. Employees can access the site and review the training materials as often as they like.